Saturday, June 05, 2004

Bye Bye Mountains, Hello Prairies

We made it into Alberta yesterday and it feels great to know that we have biked across our first Provence. Were at just over 1200 km.
We have been baptized into the world of angry, impatient vehicle honk fest. There was a 50 km stretch of highway between Yhak and Cranbrook which was a narrow 2 lane highway, with a shoulder that was half rumble strip and half broken shoulder, so we biked on the road, and got honked at a lot. It didn't really bother Chris but I found it so un-nerving. I have an air horn on my bike that I haven't been keeping full of air until now, so if someone wants to honk at me, there getting honked back at. Other wise we haven't had any really problems on roads, most drivers have been very courteous to us.

It feels amazing to have biked over 1000 km, I was surprise when Chris told me we had went that far.

We spent our last rest day in Nelson B.C which is always a nice place to be.

Chloe

1 Comments:

Blogger JeremyD said...

Wow, it seems like you guys are making good time. Them again, time is probably different on a bike all day! sounds like a great experience. Are U taking lots of pics?..seeing wildlife?...staying cool? Hope the praries go by fast. if you need a rest stop in Kenora, my house is only 5min off the Hwy. My parents will be more than happy to accomidate and entertain you. E-mail me if your interested. Jer.

June 7, 2004 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home